Sweepstakes are one of the best ways of growing your email, SMS, and social media audiences, and hosting a giveaway comes with a myriad of benefits. Whether you're inviting partner brands to join you or you're running it solo, Hosts ultimately control pretty much everything about a campaign.
With responsibility comes great reward. As a Host, you’ll enjoy full control over every aspect of the giveaway.
- Decide which brands (if any) you’ll work with as Partners
- Curate the look and feel of the landing page and promotional materials
- By default, retain 100% of the Post Entry page traffic (more SMS subscribers for you!)
- Organize the order in which Social Boosts appear on the Post Entry page
- Enjoy priority access to entries, ensuring you can start marketing to your new audience right away
It requires more of your time, but if you want to extract the most value from a giveaway campaign, hosting is the solution for you.
A great option if you have a smaller email list
Hosting a sweepstakes can be a particularly effective way for brands with smaller email lists to recruit Partners - by managing the partnership, you save the other partners time and incentivize them to join your sweepstakes. See how reBloom grew their list by 150K emails by hosting.
A great option if you're looking to grow an SMS list
Giveaways are the best way to drive new text message subscriber growth. When hosting, you can keep 100% of the Post Entry page traffic, which is where you can feature an SMS sign up form. Whenever a consumer enters the giveaway, no matter where they came from or which Partner drove them to the contest, you'll have the opportunity to capture them as a new SMS subscriber. With giveaways, our brands are growing their SMS lists 10-20x faster than with any other text messaging provider. Learn how to curate a highly-valuable SMS list with giveaways.
Things Hosts usually do
- Create and name the giveaway
- Design the landing page
- Draft the giveaway Official Rules and any Partnership Agreements
- Coordinate prizing
- Select what Partners will join the campaign (by inviting brands or fielding applications)
- Ensure all Partners use their unique Tracking Links to promote the giveaway
- Make sure everyone knows when and how they are promoting the campaign to their audiences
- Promote the giveaway
- Pick a winner and send prizing
Many Hosts will rotate leading campaigns with being a passive participant when their bandwidth is more limited.